How to be a More Productive Man - tl;dr Cliff Notes
- A good general strategy for increasing productivity starts with 1) Identifying a task of value, 2) Creating a metric of success for that task and 3) Focusing on achieving the defined metric.
- Lists can be good for more menial but necessary tasks but don't get too focused on task management, as sometimes that will substitute for doing the actual work itself.
- Don't underestimate peripheral life factors such as diet, exercise, sleep and breaks as they relate to productivity.
- Routines, like lists, can be effective tools for automating necessary but more menial tasks however don't become so rigid that you battle against your natural rhythms.
- Procrastination comes in two forms: the type where you put off work to do something over greater value and the time you put it off to do something of lesser value. If you're going to procrastinate, try to create value from it by distracting yourself with something positive.
- Ultimately it's not how much work you do that matters, it's how much value you create from the work that you do.
Want to start it from the top? Read it here.